Saturday, November 3, 2007

The Book Swap

I got the bright idea to host a book swap brunch. I invited several of my girlfriends, told them to bring 5-10 books to swap and a breakfast item. Two days before the party, I realized that I didn't exactly know what we were going to "do" during this party. Suddenly I had visions of bridezillas fighting each other for the perfect dress and immediately envisioned my mild manner friends fighting over the perfect book. I immediately tapped into the internet to see what other people did at these parties. It was there that I came across the link for www.bookcrossing.com . Soon I had forgotten my real reason for surfing and was reading all through the bookcrossing website. It impressed me so much that I had to share it at the bruch. After we had all grabbed the books we wanted, there was a pile left. I told everyone about the website and they all agreed we should take one book, register it on the website and set it free. We were all particularly excited about a trip that one of the ladies was about to take to Australia and she plans to leave the book in the airport there. After we had all taken the books to set free, we agreed to take the rest to a woman's shelter so they could be set free also. We decided to do another swap in 3 months and are all very excited to see where our books may have traveled by then! Stay tuned for an update.

If you are reading this post and want to join www.bookcrossing.com please enter my name SmashGal as the referrer so we can see how each other's books are traveling. The more the merrier.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very much appreciate your comments about BookCrossing. Hope you continue to enjoy the service!
my best,
Scott
CEO BookCrossing